Apparently if you make sure your students know what the learning objectives of your lesson are, you improve attainment by 20%. (Marzano 2003) Recently in an effort to sort additional evidence for HMIe in September I’ve been fiddling with EXCEL and WORD to produce a wall chart for my classroom which I also turned into small Bloom cards that I put into a very small pocketbook. I also like the idea seen by Andrea Reid whereby one of the schools she visited has the Bloom’s taxonomy on laminated cards in a fan which teachers carry on their person at all times. See here.
Anyway – here are the three items – Bloom which is a 6 page Word document/table that you can cut and paste, delete stuff as you wish The LOs original Excel spreadsheet (Excel 2007) showing action verbs and materials etc, and finally an Excel 2003-2007 LOs with comments for online use instead of cells full of text (hover over red triangles).